People’s curiosity knows no boundaries because we always want to know every tiny detail. Microscopes that are able to enlarge the image of an object by thousands or millions of times are there to help us. It is thanks to them that we can see what chalk, a cat’s and human’s tongue, teeth, and other ordinary things look like.
1. Muscle tissue
2. A strawberry’s surface
3. Fruit fly eye (Drosophilidae family)
If you put chalk under a powerful microscope—white cliffs of Dover type of chalk, not the modern blackboard variety—you will see something like this. Because it’s not just a rock. It’s an accumulation of ancient skeletons: the armored husks of single-celled, ocean-dwelling plankton.
5. The tip of a ballpoint pen
6. A tooth magnified to the atomic level
7. 2-day-old Zebrafish larvae
8. Record grooves
9. Butterfly wing
10. A human eyelash
11. Grass under a microscope is so happy.
12. The foot of an Aedis Aegypti mosquito
13. LCD screen
14. The cut stem of a rose
15. An ant’s head
16. A cat’s tongue under a microscope looks like it’s made of other smaller tongues.
19. Needle with thread
20. Human hair
Which of these things amazed you most of all? Please tell us about it in the comments!